LOOKING FOR AN AMAZING LIFE EXPERIENCE?
A unique opportunity to work for the fastest growing lifestyle and experience brand in Latin America!
Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills
Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Tax compliance for all entities, Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Will coordinate and prepare the corporative and operational budget.
- Will be responsible of the budget analysis and will monitor budget spend in a weekly and monthly basis.
- Will present weekly and monthly reports of actual vs budget expenditures.
- Responsible for analyzing expenses for operations, corporate and development.
- Serve as project manager for any system implementation or upgrades
- Development of system controls to ensure data integrity
- Will be in charge of internal audit and will make sure policy and procedures are in place and are being followed.
- Responsible for all bank reconciliations (over 20 bank accounts including CR).
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of Finance & Accounting experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish & English),Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Monitoring investment policies and operations of the company
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity
- Developing system controls for ensuring data integrity.